HSBC plans to launch European market neutral fund
HSBC Alternative Investments Limited (HAIL) has appointed Vincent Bourgeois and Michael O'Mara to jointly manage a new European equity market neutral fund, which will be launched later this year. The appointments are based in London.
Mr Bourgeois (34) and Mr O'Mara (38), both join HSBC after spending two years with Bessent Capital in the UK, where Mr Bourgeois was Managing Director, Equity Research and Mr O'Mara was Financial Analyst.
Previous to that, they both worked in Paris, where Mr Bourgeois was buy side analyst at Lazard Freres and equity strategist and salesman at Oddo et Cie. Mr O'Mara was salesman and French equity trader at CCF and salesman and market maker at Oddo et Cie.
Bill Maldonado, chief executive officer of HAIL, said: "Vincent and Michael each bring over 10 years of experience and a strong track record in trading, equity analysis and fund management to HAIL. Their complementary skills and investment approach will help us further expand HAIL's range of products."
Mr Maldonado said: "We plan to create a successful fund with this high calibre team, drawing on all the experience we have gained over the past four years in the alternative investment business."
HAIL currently has three strategies under management with some US$500m of assets. Mr Maldonado indicated that HAIL has plans to significantly expand its activity in the alternatives arena over the next 12 to 18 months.
Background Note: HSBC Alternative Investments Limited (HAIL) is wholly owned by HSBC Asset Management Limited and is responsible for the management of all alternative investments within the HSBC Asset Management Services (HSBC AMS) Group of companies.
HSBC Asset Management Services (HSBC AMS) brings together all of the HSBC Group's asset management businesses, which comprise HSBC Asset Management, specialist asset management units (quantitative, structured and guaranteed products, and hedge funds) and multimanager portfolios with HSBC Multimanager.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location