SJ Berwin strengthens German hedge fund team
SJ Berwin has appointed Achim Pütz as a partner in its German team. Mr Pütz has extensive experience in alternative investment products in Germany and is the co-founder and chairman of the German Alternative Investments Association.
This appointment was made in conjunction with the London based hedge funds team led by Bruce Gardner. It represents another key element in SJ Berwin's development of a significant presence in the alternative investments market with particular emphasis on hedge funds and capital market instruments on a pan-European basis as well as a special focus on private equity funds and real estate funds.
Dr. Uwe H. Steininger, Senior Partner in Munich, said: "Mr Pütz will lead SJ Berwin's German hedge funds and capital market group. This is a great and consistent step in the development of SJ Berwin's fund and capital market activities".
Mr Pütz said: "The synergies from this integration, particularly arising from the pooling of highly specialised expert knowledge, opens up substantial potential for developing innovative product structures for the benefit of our clients."
Jonathan Blake, Head of SJ Berwin's European private equity team added: "We are increasingly working on a wide variety of investment fund structures, private equity funds, property funds, hedge funds and funds of funds across our European practice. Mr Pütz's expertise and experience in derivatives and capital markets instruments are important to all of these and we are delighted to welcome him to the firm."
Background Note: SJ Berwin is full service international law firm with more than 470 lawyers across its offices in London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich, Madrid and Paris.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location