SEC hedge funds roundtable dates
On 14 and 15 May 2003, the Securities and Exchange Commission will host roundtable discussions concerning several issues relating to private, unregistered investment pools, commonly known as hedge funds.
The roundtable discussions will bring together representatives from the hedge fund industry and other interested persons to discuss issues relating to hedge funds and offer their recommendations.
The discussions will take place at the Commissions' headquarters at 450 Fifth Street, NW, Washington, DC from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day. The public is invited to observe the roundtable discussions. Seating will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Comments to the SEC must be received on or before 30 April 2003 and should be submitted in triplicate to Jonathan G. Katz, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 450 Fifth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20549-0609.
Comments may also be submitted electronically at the following E-mail address: email@example.com. All comment letters should refer to File No. 4-476; this File number should be included on the subject line if E-mail is used.
Comment letters will be available for public inspection and copying in the Commission's Public Reference Room, 450 Fifth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20549.
Relevant electronically submitted comment letters also will be posted on the Commission's Internet web site: http://www.sec.gov/spotlight/hedgefunds.htm.
The public may submit written comments on the following topics to be discussed at the Roundtable Discussions Relating to Hedge Funds:
* The structure, operation and compliance activities of hedge funds, including the role of hedge fund service providers;
* The marketing of hedge funds;
* Investor protection concerns, including disclosure issues, valuation issues and potential conflicts of interest;
* Current regulation of hedge funds and their managers, and whether additional regulation is necessary; and
* If additional regulation is warranted, what form it might take.
For further information contact Cynthia M. Fornelli, Deputy Director, Division of Investment Management, (202) 942-0720, or Elizabeth G. Osterman, Assistant Chief Counsel, Division of Investment Management, (202) 942-0580, Ostermane@sec.gov, at Securities and Exchange Commission, 450 Fifth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20549-0506.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location