Industry veteran heads risk management at Aspect Capital
London-based Aspect Capital has appointed Michael Adam as Director of Risk Management.
Mr Adam has been a non-executive director of Aspect Capital since its inception in 1997 and brings over 20 years of risk management experience to Aspect.
He began work in quantitative research in 1982 after leaving Oxford University and was joined by Martin Lueck (another co-founder of Aspect) in 1983. Their work founded the basis for foundation of AHL, the world's largest managed futures company now owned by Man Investments.
Other recent moves:
* Beauchamp Financial Technology announced that D. Sykes Wilford has been appointed as Chairman of its Advisory Board. Until recently, Mr Wilford was the Chief Investment Officer of CDC Investments, a New York based alternative asset management firm and is also a Board member of other hedge funds. Previously, Mr Wilford was CIO at Bankers Trust's Private Bank and a Managing Director of Chase Manhattan Bank. Stuart Farr, Chief Executive of Beauchamp Financial Technology said: "I am delighted to announce Sykes' appointment. He has extensive practical experience in managing assets, which is underpinned by an exceptional understanding of financial theory. As well leveraging their management and industry experience, Sykes and the Advisory Board are part of our commitment to the market in North America."
* Jeremy Bedford has joined the equity sales desk at Investec Securities, a division of fund management firm Investec. has hired Jeremy Bedford to its equity sales desk as part of an effort to improve its services to hedge funds. Mr Bedford joins from Morgan Stanley where he was an executive director in European sales.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location