SYZ & CO launches Hedge Advisory Group
Swiss banking group SYZ & CO has launched the Hedge Advisory Group, a unit dedicated to providing active advisory services for private clients investing in hedge funds.
Eric Syz, founding partner of SYZ & CO, said: "We have seen a need in the market for an active advisory service in hedge funds which has led to the establishment of this dedicated team. The Hedge Advisory Group will strengthen SYZ & CO's long-standing focus on including substantial allocations to alternative investments in clients' portfolios, one of the trade marks of SYZ & CO since its inception."
The Hedge Advisory Group, which initially comprises a team of three, is headed by Roberto Almaleh. Prior to joining Banque SYZ & CO as a Senior Vice-president, Almaleh was in charge of a similar department at HSBC Republic in Geneva.
Eric Syz said: "Thanks to his considerable experience and the quality of his contact network, Mr Almaleh represents an important asset for our development in this area, which we consider of strategic importance."
Almaleh will be assisted by Nathalie Davies-Charbonnier and Boris Christinger, both formerly with HBSC Republic.
Created to answer the needs of a high-level clientele, the Hedge Advisory Group provides a wide range of services:
* Bespoke active advisory service in hedge funds
* Discretionary management of hedge funds
* Setting-up of tailor-made structured products
* Arrangement of global custodian or sub-custodian services for
clients investing in hedge funds
* Leverage facilities for hedge fund portfolios
Beyond its own skills, the private banking team will rely on the resources and the expertise developed by 3A, the SYZ & CO Group's alternative investments research and management division with over $1bn in alternative investments.
3A is the investment manager for funds of hedge funds including ALTIN, which is listed on the Swiss and London stock exchanges. 3A also manages individual mandates for institutional clients.
Background Note: Based in Geneva, the SYZ & CO Group manages CHF 5.5 billion in assets, with 140 employees. SYZ & CO is present in Switzerland with its offices in Geneva, Zurich, Lugano and Locarno and also operates abroad in London, Luxembourg, Nassau, Salzburg, Barcelona and Milan.
Since its establishment, the SYZ & CO Group has focused on absolute performance and has allocated a substantial part of clients' portfolios to alternative investments.
The Group's services are based on three complementary activities:
* High-level private banking
* A comprehensive range of investment funds - Oyster Funds
* A consulting and asset management firm with expertise in the field of alternative investments - 3A.
copyright Hedgeweek 2003
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location