Odey launches Treasury Fund
Odey Asset Management is launching the Odey Treasury Fund managed by former HSBC proprietary trader Richard Neville-Rolfe.
The fund's objective is to produce attractive returns with low volatility. It will:
* Invest and trade in a variety of global currencies, interest rates and related instruments.
* Use a combination of trading strategies with varying time horizons, from short-term technical opportunities to longer term macro trades.
Targeted at Odey's traditional investor base of discretionary fund managers, international private bankers and offshore investors, the fund provides investors with an attractive alternative to equity based funds.
David Fletcher, Chairman, said: "We are already active traders of currencies and rates as part of our equity based funds. Richard's focus on this area as a separate asset class will make an attractive investment product in its own right, as well as adding to our macro and trading skills more generally."
David Helm, Marketing Director, said: "Richard has an excellent track record as a proprietary trader achieving consistent returns with limited volatility. This product will fit extremely well with our existing five hedge funds."
Background Note: Odey Asset Management is one of Europe's longest standing long/short fund managers, managing USD 1.2bn, about 50-50 in conventional and hedge strategies.
Copyright Hedgeweek 2003
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund