Trafalgar expands capability to manage up to USD 500m
Trafalgar Asset Managers has expanded its investment management capabilities with the addition of Giuseppe Mirante and Suhail Rahuja to its team.
Theo Phanos, Director and Portfolio Manager, said: "Giuseppe and Suhail are valuable resources for both our funds. We now have a team big enough to manage USD 500m."
Giuseppe Mirante, previously at Rhone Capital and Morgan Stanley, will focus on credit strategies. Mirante speaks five major European languages fluently and has worked in private equity and leveraged finance for Rhone Capital, Morgan Stanley and Citibank.
Suhail Rahuja (ex-Highbridge Capital and Merrill Lynch) will work on mergers and anti-trust. Rahuja is an M&A analyst with five years experience at Highbridge in the US and UK. At Merrill Lynch and CSFB he worked in the M&A investment team.
The additions increase Trafalgar's investment team to seven. This follows the launch of Trafalgar Recovery Fund, the second of Trafalgar's event-driven funds.
The Trafalgar Recovery Fund launched in July 2003 with USD 10m under management. The fund now has USD 30m under management and is on target for its USD 100m soft close in early 2004.
Its sister fund, the Trafalgar Catalyst fund has been closed to investment since May 2003 running USD 250m.
Lee Robinson, CIO of the Catalyst Fund, said: "We closed the fund to investment to concentrate on returns. As soon as we see a significant pick up in M&A deal-flow we will reopen."
Robinson expects to open the fund to accept USD 50m-75m and then soft close for another period.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location