Cayman and Channel Islands firms join forces
Ogier, the Channel Islands provider of offshore legal and administration services, and Boxalls, the Cayman Islands law firm, are combining to create the first transatlantic merger of offshore law firms.
Ogier is a well-known provider of offshore legal and administration services based in Jersey, Guernsey and London.
The legal practice of Boxalls already has a division that advises administrators, promoters and investment managers on the structuring, establishment and operation of all forms of investment funds, including hedge funds, mutual funds, fund of funds and private equity funds, and the listing of such funds on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange.
Boxalls and its ancillary administration services business currently offered by Boxalls' affiliate, Ironshore Corporate Services Limited (ICSL), will be expanded to encompass the provision of director and trustee services to investment funds and special purpose vehicles.
Boxalls' legal practice will be renamed Ogier & Boxalls whilst ICSL will change its name to Ogier Fiduciary Services (Cayman) Limited with effect from 1 February 2004. Administration services will be provided under the name Ogier Fiduciary Services across all four jurisdictions also with effect from 1 February 2004.
Ogier's Jersey and Guernsey legal practices will continue under the name Ogier & Le Masurier.
Ogier will become one of the world's largest offshore legal service providers with in excess of 370 lawyers and staff worldwide. It aims to provide in-depth coverage of key offshore legal services from offices in the Cayman Islands, Jersey, Guernsey and London.
Ogier will provide clients and intermediaries with easier access to three of the world's leading offshore centres: Jersey, Guernsey and the Cayman Islands and an enhanced capability in the areas of investment funds, structured finance, trusts and litigation.
copyright hedgeweek 2003
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location