Madison expands into European market
New York-based Madison Capital Management, LLC (Madison), the alternative investment management firm specialising in distressed, real estate and special situations financial assets, has opened its first European office in Paris.
Patrick Montagne has been appointed as Director of European Business Development and will head up the Paris office as part of Madison's strategy to develop investor relations and investment sourcing in Europe.
Montagne has over 20 years of European banking and investment experience, and most recently was Director of Institutional Clients for Dexia Group in Paris with particular responsibility for structured and hedge fund products. Prior to that he worked at Deutsche Bank Group and DZ Bank Group in Frankfurt.
Founded in 1996 by Bryan Gordon, Madison is a recognised leader in the United States in the direct acquisition of distressed and special situation securities and assets. The firm has offices in New York, Denver and Kansas City and now, through Madison Capital Management (Europe), in Paris. Utilising an event-driven and value-orientated investment approach, Madison has invested over USD 225 million in capital.
Bryan Gordon, Chairman and Managing Director of Madison, said: "Over the last couple of years we have been evaluating the European market and believe that there is an increasing investor appetite for distressed investing strategies. We believe that our single strategy event-driven, value-orientated style of distressed investing will appeal to a European audience seeking to diversify their portfolio. The Madison style has provided an investment that has historically produced consistent returns with a low equity and bond market correlation."
Gordon added: "Patrick has an excellent track record, and we believe that his knowledge of investment and asset management in Europe will be of great benefit as we seek to raise our profile in Europe. Initially, Patrick will be assessing the opportunities to attract investor interest throughout Europe for our distressed style of investing."
copyright hedgeweek 2004
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund