Eurex US wins approval from Dutch regulator
Dutch participants can now trade directly on Eurex US following approval for the new fully electronic US futures and options exchange by the financial services supervisory authority in the Netherlands.
More than 2,200 traders from the following jurisdictions can now access Eurex US: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Gibraltar, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, USA and the United Kingdom.
UK-based members of Eurex US which are authorized firms in the UK, can trade on the basis of the "Overseas Persons Exclusion", according to UK law. Formal recognition of Eurex US by the UK Financial Services Authority is pending.
Eurex US began trading on 8 February and currently maintains markets for futures and options on 2-, 5- and 10 year Treasury notes and on 30-year Treasury bonds.
Pending approval of international regulatory authorities, Eurex US will expand its offerings to include trading in futures and options on Euro-denominated interest rate products as well as on European and US equity indices.
The Chicago-based Clearing Corporation (CCorp) is acting as Eurex US' clearing organisation in the U.S. A clearing link between CCorp and Eurex Clearing, Eurex's European clearing organization, shall allow for choice of clearing, full fungibility and margin and collateral offsets in excess of USD 2.5 billion thus adding substantial benefits to customers.
Background Note: Eurex US has applied to the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) for recognition as a recognised overseas investment exchange in accordance with UK law. Eurex US is not authorised by the FSA and is not an exempt person in the UK. There is no UK office able to deal with any queries relating to Eurex US. All such queries should be directed to its Chicago office.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location