Eurex US obtains recognised status from UK FSA
All Eurex US participants based in the UK can now trade directly on the new fully-electronic US futures and options exchange following approval by the FSA.
With the granting of recognised status by the Financial Services Authority and approval of the Office of Fair Trading and the UK Treasury, Eurex US is now a Recognised Overseas Investment Exchange in accordance with UK law.
Satish Nandapurkar, CEO Eurex US, said: "The receipt of UK recognition creates new opportunities for both existing and new members of Eurex US by allowing UK members to trade on this market."
Rudolf Ferscha, CEO Eurex, added: "Customers in the UK represent substantial potential for Eurex US."
In Eurex's global distribution network members trading from the UK currently account for 47 percent of the total contract turnover. The UK market share has seen a constant increase over the last years with some 450 million contracts traded out of the UK in the year 2003.
Eurex US opened its market for trading on 8 February 2004 and currently lists futures and options on 2-, 5- and 10-year Treasury notes and on 30-year Treasury bonds.
Total trading volume on Eurex US has exceeded 550,0000 contracts since launch.
Pending approval of international regulatory authorities, Eurex US will expand its offerings to include trading in futures and options on Euro-denominated interest rate products as well as on European and US equity indices.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location