Eurex US reports record trading volume
Eurex US this week reported its best volume week since the launch of the exchange on 8 February.
US introduced a new incentive program on 12 July, designed to further enhance trading in US Treasury futures on the exchange. In the week beginning July 12, a total of 206,778 US Treasury futures contracts were traded on Eurex US. Eurex Open interest on Eurex US reached a new record of 48,470 contracts, up from 23,505 the previous Friday.
Daily average volume traded on the exchange in July rose 700 percent to 23,922 contracts, up from 2,768 contracts in June.
Satish Nandapurkar, CEO of Eurex US, said: "We are thrilled that our customers are responding so enthusiastically to the incentive program. In the past week we have seen the most active trading on Eurex US. Liquidity on the screen has been excellent as the markets are consistently tight and deep and open interest has doubled. We are also seeing increased diversity of the order book with all trader groups participating".
The new incentive program has three major elements: A new revenue sharing initiative allowing firms to share in 40 percent of Eurex US' 2005 revenues and 25 percent of 2006 revenues came into effect on 12 July
Another component of the program is a fee holiday for US Treasury futures for all market participants until the end of the year. Additionally, Eurex US has also introduced a new market maker program for European trading hours, connecting the European and US customer bases in US Treasury products.
Eurex US opened its market for trading on 8 February 2004 and currently lists futures and options on 2-, 5- and 10-year Treasury notes and on 30-year Treasury bonds.
With the introduction of the Global Clearing Link, Eurex US will expand its offering to include trading in futures and options on Euro-denominated interest rate and index products.
These products will include the Bund future, the world's most heavily traded futures contract, Bobl and Schatz futures, as well as products on the leading European indices DAX and DJ EURO STOXX 50.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location