BGI switches ETFs benchmark to FTSEurofirst indices
Barclays Global Investors (BGI) has switched the iShares FTSE Euro 100 and iShares FTSE Eurotop 100 ETFs benchmarks to the FTSEurofirst indices.
The new ETFs are the iShares FTSEurofirst 80 and iShares FTSEurofirst 100 respectively. The total expense ratio for these new funds is now 0.40% per annum, reduced from 0.55% per annum.
BGI's view is that the new FTSEurofirst indices are superior to the previous benchmarks in terms of market coverage, liquidity and transparency. The decision to change benchmarks for these funds was announced in June 2004.
Bruce Lavine, Head of iShares Europe said: "We are always looking to improve the iShares product offering to investors. The new ETFs have better pan-European exposure and therefore provide an improved product for institutional and retail investors. Additionally investors should also benefit from the existence of futures contracts on the new benchmarks."
The iShares FTSEurofirst 80 and iShares FTSEurofirst 100 are listed on the Borsa Italiana, Euronext Amsterdam, London Stock Exchange, virt-X and SWX exchanges and are registered for sale in France and Germany as well.
iShares is a range of exchange traded funds (ETFs) managed by Barclays Global Investors. iShares is the largest family of ETFs in the world with over 110 funds listed globally, totaling USD 94 billion, 11 of which are listed in Europe, with assets of USD 6.4 billion (according to Morgan Stanley 31 Aug 04).
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund