Madison Capital Management strengthens portfolio management team
Madison Capital Management, LLC has strengthened its portfolio management team with the appointment of Kristina Smorol as a Portfolio Director.
Smorol will work primarily on investment opportunities in the real estate securities arena, for Madison's joint venture with Pramerica's real estate investment management arm and other funds managed by Madison. The joint venture, agreed in June 2004, aims to capitalize on non-traditional real estate investment opportunities.
Smorol brings over twelve years of real estate acquisitions and construction/permanent lending and corporate credit analysis experience to the role. Prior to joining Madison, Kristina served at TIAA-CREF, Scotia Capital and Commerzbank AG, all in New York. Kristina speaks German and French and studied International Business in Switzerland at the University of St. Gallen whilst pursuing her MBA.
Bryan Gordon, Chairman and Managing Director of Madison, said: "We hired Kristina for her distinguished and multi-faceted background and extensive knowledge of real estate-related investing. Real estate continues to be a primary industry focus for Madison, as it has been since the firm's inception in 1996. Additionally, Kristina's excellent foreign language skills will be a great advantage as Madison analyzes investment opportunities across Europe."
Madison Capital Management, LLC is an alternative investment management firm specialising in distressed, real estate and special situation securities and assets. Founded in 1996, the firm has offices in New York, Denver, Kansas City and, through its subsidiary, in Paris.
Madison utilises an event-driven and value-orientated investment approach to provide investment solutions in unsettled economic times. Madison has invested over USD 300 million in over 650 investments encompassing approximately 60,000 separate transactions.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location