Mellon HBV adds risk measurement platform to multi-strategy discipline
Mellon HBV Alternative Strategies LLC has added a third-party system to its multi-strategy discipline to enhance risk measurement, reporting and analysis.
The new independent risk system is intended to provide its clients, including direct investors and funds of funds, with disclosure and verification through transparent and detailed risk reporting tools.
The independent system, HedgePlatform from RiskMetrics Group, will provide risk measurement tools and detailed risk analysis for each strategy in the discipline and at the aggregate level of the multi-strategy discipline. In addition, investors can view aggregated risk across all their portfolios running on HedgePlatform.
Jonathan S. Bean, Mellon HBV managing director, said: "We expect that this additional tool will help us provide improved risk-adjusted returns to investors," said. The recent hiring of Robert Mackie as our chief risk officer, coupled with this new platform from RiskMetrics Group, reflects our commitment to offer our clients the highest levels of risk management and transparency."
Headquartered in New York with a wholly owned investment management subsidiary located in London, Mellon HBV Alternative Strategies has combined assets under management in excess of USD 1.1 billion in four primary event-driven investment disciplines: Arbitrage (Global Risk Arbitrage, Convertible Arbitrage), Distressed (hedged distressed, long-biased trading oriented distressed, and long only control oriented distressed); Event Driven (U.S. Event Driven, European Event Driven), and Multi-Strategy Investing.
Mellon HBV Alternative Strategies is a US Securities and Exchange Commission registered investment advisor, and its subsidiary, Mellon HBV Alternative Strategies UK Limited, is regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location