Platinum launches product offering investor access to select portfolio
Platinum Capital Management has launched the Platinum Portfolio offering unique access to a series of managers formerly selected by Platinum.
Craig Reeves, Managing Director, Platinum Capital Management stated: "What is new and exciting about the Platinum Portfolio is it offers investors actual historical returns with full transparency - not many new multi-strategy products do this today. With the growing issues surrounding transparency, we felt this to be an ideal time for Platinum to launch such a product."
In the Portfolio combination, these managers have proved to be profitable and durable in a range of market conditions with historically calculated returns of +16.81% in the eight years to end September 2004.
The Platinum Portfolio currently combines six Platinum funds each with a low correlation to the others and each focused on a different strategy within the alternative investment space.
The funds included in the portfolio are: Platinum Premier, Platinum All Weather, Platinum Turnberry, Platinum Washington, Platinum Dynasty and Platinum Equity Plus (which is, itself a multi strategy fund focused on long/short equity investment). The objectives of the Portfolio components vary from achieving strong long-term absolute returns with no leverage risk to significant relative returns in different economic climates
Minimum investment in Platinum Portfolio is just GBP 30,000, USD 50,000 or EUR 50,000. The minimum has been kept relatively low to accommodate current investor enthusiasm to access the majority of Platinum funds without having to meet each individual investment requirement.
Peter Sprecher, Chairman, Platinum Capital Management said, "Platinum has successfully invested our money and that of our clients with the underlying managers for up to 5 years. Through Portfolio, we aim to give our clients access to a broad variety of managers who previously have, in the past, brought Platinum huge success."
The Platinum Portfolio offers diversification in a hedged portfolio of equities through the following key strategies: Market Neutral - US Equity, Relative Value Debt - US, Fixed Income - Interest Rate Arbitrage, Multi-Strategy - global, Long/Short - China/Asia Equity and Long/Short - US Equity.
Key Features of the Platinum Portfolio:
* Has no initial fee or bid offer spread
* Objectives: Consistent returns in all market conditions
* Invests: Long/short in UK, UK and EU Government securities with a yield enhancement overlay
* Underlying Fund: Consistent 10-15% returns with no losing months is last 5 years
* Management team: Worked together for over 10 years and has USD 10 million invested
* Low Correlation to equity markets, low volatility
* Component member of Morgan Stanley Hedge Fund Index.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund