Decision Capital Management signs Centaur as investment manager
Decision Capital Management (DCM) has signed up Centaur Capital Partners to manage assets with a long-biased, value-oriented equity strategy.
The move, which is part of DCM's ongoing efforts to expand investment offerings to its investors, is designed to further broaden the La Jolla-based company's private label model and diversify the investment strategy styles within the DCM family. European marketing efforts will be managed under the aegis of United Advisors, DCM's international division.
"We are always keeping vigilant watch in the marketplace for quality managers with innovative and well-executed strategies," said Paul DiFrancesco, President of DCM. "Zeke Ashton of Centaur Capital Partners has emerged as a rising star with an insightful proprietary investment strategy, which is now complemented by DCM's marketing and administrative expertise. This partnership enhances our business and allows us to provide a broader scope of product to our global investor base."
"Our strategy is not entirely unique, but we believe that our approach is," said Zeke Ashton, Managing Partner of Centaur Capital Partners. "We identify undervalued or overvalued investments through an in-depth research and follow-up process, we search for the best combination of risk/reward for each idea, we layer on a risk management methodology in a way that we believe provides opportunity for outstanding absolute returns relative to the risk taken."
Centaur Capital Partners is an SEC registered investment advisor that specializes in the management of institutional client portfolios using proprietary long-biased, value-oriented strategies. Founded in 2002, the firm's proprietary strategies are managed by Malcolm "Zeke" Ashton, the firm's Managing Partner and Portfolio Manager and Matthew Richey, Portfolio Manager. Centaur Capital Partners is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location