New appointment to Old Mutual quantitative strategies team
Old Mutual Asset Managers (UK) (OMAM) has appointed research analyst Dr Han Lin to its quantitative strategies team.
OMAM manages over USD 850 million in its global equity market neutral strategies and Han, who joins Old Mutual from State Street Global Advisors, will focus on quantitative analysis and financial modelling. She has a bachelor's degree in economics from Peking University and a PhD in accounting & finance from Lancaster University, where she acquired extensive knowledge of the areas of asset valuation and pricing models, factor models and portfolio strategy.
Eoin Murray, head of the quantitative strategies team at OMAM, said: "I'm delighted that Han has agreed to join the team. As well as her excellent academic track record, she has very strong analytical skills, which she developed during the four years that she spent as an academic researcher prior to starting her investment career. This appointment is a further demonstration of our commitment to the ongoing development of our research process."
Old Mutual Asset Managers (UK) Limited (OMAM) is a specialist investment boutique backed by Old Mutual plc. OMAM acts as investment manager of a range of hedge funds including multi-strategy, equity long/short and equity market neutral strategies.
Old Mutual Fund Managers (OMFM) is Old Mutual's UK collective investment company, offering a range of unit trusts and OEICs investing in the world's equity, bond and currency markets. The management of the investments in the OMFM fund range is conducted by OMAM.
The fund range is organised around OMAM's investment teams: Asia Pacific, Fixed Interest, Multi Manager Products, Quantitative Strategies, UK Large Cap, UK Mid and Small Cap, UK Equity Income and US Equities.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund