Tech Update: New hedge funds financial portfolio management system
Computer Design's Financial Portfolio Management System (FPM) now provides modular and integrated functions for the management and admin of hedge funds.
According to Haluk Toral, CEO of Computer Design, FPM's low entry cost and flexible growth potential should make it attractive to start-ups.
The system, which was first released in 1985, is already used internationally by a number of institutional fund managers on a multi-currency, multi-instrument, multi-strategy and multi-prime broker-trading platform. And it can meet the most stringent regulatory requirements by means of its powerful record keeping and reporting functionality.
FPM functionality extends to order management, cash and portfolio position reconciliation with prime brokers and administrators, corporate actions (Bloomberg Data Licence and Datastream interfaces), record keeping and reconciling for investor and non-trading transactions (subscriptions, redemptions, income and expense accruals), calculation of performance and administration fees, monitoring investment restrictions, portfolio management and performance attribution, market database. An integrated general ledger function is available as an option.
Key control issues such as prevention of unauthorised access are addressed by the use of passwords to access to different levels of the FPM system, while the database captures a complete time stamped audit trail of transactions and any standing data modifications.
FPM is integrated with Microsoft Excel and Word and offers integrated client reporting functionality. The system can also publish reports on the web, while management functions are also available for archiving and retrieval of printed documents.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund