Harmonic enhances infrastructure by appointing new operations partner
Fixed income and currency specialist hedge fund Harmonic Capital Partners has appointed Phil Briggs as operations partner.
Briggs has had overall responsibility for operations since joining the firm in January 2003. His appointment reflects the core role of operations at Harmonic, which has over USD 350 million under management, as it continues to enhance its business model to meet increasing institutional demand for its products.
Prior to joining Harmonic, Briggs worked at Goldman Sachs Asset Management where he was a member of a team responsible for financial oversight of Goldman's offshore funds. Between 1995 and 2001, he worked for International Fund Administration, which provides hedge fund-accounting, administration and technology solutions to US based investment managers. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Ernst & Young after graduating from Manchester University with a degree in Biochemistry and is also a CFA charterholder.
Richard Noble, an investment partner at Harmonic Capital Partners, commented: "Phil's appointment reflects the importance we attach to our operational infrastructure. As institutional demand for hedge funds increases, achieving a sustained competitive advantage involves not only the right investment strategy but excellence in overall business management and client service. With five partners covering investment, client service and operations we now have the right structure in place to achieve this."
Briggs' appointment follows that of Julian Samways as a partner with responsibility for client service and business development, from Schroders in January. Harmonic's 13-strong team now includes five partners.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location