CSFB launches funds of hedge funds covering five strategies
New York-based CSFB's Hedge Fund Investments group has launched five SEC-registered funds of hedge funds.
The five fund strategies are Multi-Strategy, Long/Short Equity, Relative Value, Tactical Trading and Event Driven. There is a tax-exempt and taxable feeder fund available for investment into each strategy.
The three-tier structure of the tax-exempt funds provides tax-exempt institutions with the opportunity to invest in a US entity without exposure to UBTI.
The CSFB Hedge Fund Investments group manages approximately USD 9 billion in assets with a team of 75 dedicated individuals. HFI is managed by Jim Vos, a 20-year veteran of CSFB, who started the group in 1998.
"The organization of our US menu reflects HFI's sector-based approach to manager research," said Vos. "Research is led by specialized sector teams with market experience focusing on increasingly complex and dynamic trading and arbitrage strategies. Investors can access the top-down strategy allocation expertise of CSFB through the Multi-Strategy feeder funds or focus their investments in sector funds that complement their current asset allocation."
"The hedge fund industry is becoming more transparent, and our decision to register these funds reflects this trend," said Bob Kulperger, HFI product specialist for the Americas. "Institutions and ultra-high net worth entities have expressed an appreciation for the added comfort provided by the transparency of regulatory reporting and the oversight of an independent board of managers."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund