Standard Asset Management launches Strategic Bond Fund
Standard Asset Management, a division of Standard Bank London and Standard Americas, is launching a new hedge fund aimed at external investors.
The new Strategic Bond Fund, which has been formed by combining two smaller hedge funds also managed by Standard, follows a unique strategy allowing the managers to build and capitalise on their experience in the industry.
Standard is solely focused on the management of high yield and emerging market debt securities in order to seek absolute returns with low volatility. The new portfolio will be able to tactically invest in both the firm's specialist asset classes and also apply leverage. Fund positions are expected to include - but are not limited to - bonds in local currencies, global financials, long/shorts, corporate emerging market and high yield instruments.
The Strategic Bond Fund is domiciled in the Bahamas and investors will be able to select either a Euro or US Dollar share class.
Commenting on the launch of the fund, John Cleary, Chief Investment Officer, Standard Asset Management, said: "The Strategic Bond Fund will allow us to fully exploit our experience in these markets."
He added: "It is a niche offering backed by our existing risk framework structure, which has a strong emphasis on capital preservation. We expect this fund to be a flagship for our absolute return investment philosophy."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location