Management changes at GuernseyFinance
Talmai Morgan is to step down from his full-time post as Chief Executive of GuernseyFinance to move to an external consultancy role.
GuernseyFinance, the company responsible for promoting Guernsey's financial services industry to the outside world, is changing its management structure following Morgan's decision to step down.
Jim Gilligan, who recently succeeded Robin Fuller as Chairman of Guernsey Finance, said: "The company will be run by an active industry-based management committee comprising myself, Mr Fuller, Bob Moore and inaugural chairman Stephen Jones, who will also provide executive support to the management committee."
Morgan, who has 17 years experience of the Guernsey finance industry following 12 years of legal and commercial experience in London, will continue to conduct research and represent GuernseyFinance at a number of meetings and conferences. He will also be pursuing his own consultancy career within the finance industry and as a non-executive director.
Gilligan has held a senior business development role with Kleinwort Benson in Guernsey for almost 30 years and is now Managing Director. He said: "I am delighted to become chairman of GuernseyFinance and I am also very pleased that Robin and Stephen are going to stay closely involved with the company."
He added: "The management committee has wide experience of financial services and will be supported by an advisory panel made up of people who are fully involved in business development on a day-to-day basis."
He said that another key to successful promotion would be to work closely with the Department of Commerce and Employment and Peter Niven, the Director of Finance Sector Development, who is based there.
"GuernseyFinance is responsible for making sure the external perception of the Island's finance sector is properly informed while Peter Niven has to make sure that the industry can grow locally and that government is structured in the best way to let it thrive. These two initiatives go hand in hand," said Gilligan.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location