Asset Alliance names new head of London office
Asset Alliance Corporation has appointed James Parker as managing director and head of Asset Alliance International, Ltd - the firm's London affiliate.
Parker is responsible for the further development of the Asset's international presence, including manager acquisitions, securing strategic joint ventures and distribution opportunities, marketing the firm's fund-of-funds and other investment vehicles, and developing and launching new products. He is a member of the Asset Alliance investment committee and reports directly to Bruce Lipnick, President & CEO.
"James will be instrumental as we increase our global presence, particularly in Asia where he has tremendous expertise," said Lipnick of the appointment.
Parker, who holds a Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages and Modern History from Hertford College, Oxford University, brings 25 years of financial experience to his new role.
He was most recently global head of marketing for ABN AMRO Asset Management's alternative investment group in London, where he also managed its Asia focused fund-of-hedge-funds. Previously, he was managing director of W I Carr Far East in London and head of global equity sales at HSBC Securities.
Background notes: Asset Alliance Corporation, founded in 1996 and headquartered in New York, is a privately held company that, together with its affiliate managers, has approximately USD 4 billion in assets under management. Asset Alliance Corporation assists and invests in diversified alternative asset management firms, and provides specialized alternative investment products and services to institutions and high-net-worth individuals.
London-based Asset Alliance International, Ltd. was founded in 1999 and expands the firm's global presence through manager research, joint ventures and the development and distribution of specialized products throughout Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund