Custom House expands Middle East marketing presence
Custom House Administration & Corporate Services has hired Thomas JB Kelly as a consultant and marketing representative in the Middle East and North Africa.
With 15 years experience in the Gulf region, Kelly will market Custom House's services to emerging and established hedge funds, fund-of-funds and private equity funds in the Middle East. He reports directly to Dermot Butler, Custom House chairman
"The region is shaping up to be a substantial growth area for the hedge fund industry," said Butler. "Having someone with Thomas' experience and knowledge is a tremendous opportunity and development for Custom House."
Speaking about his appointment, Kelly said: "With talented money managers looking to capitalize on booming equity and real estate markets, and record oil prices in the Gulf, we are seeing a groundswell of activity in the region. Custom House has proven ability to provide stellar service to start-ups, emerging managers, and established managers."
Kelly has worked in the banking industry in Dubai and Bahrain for the past 11 years. He was most recently sales director, alternative fund services at HSBC Dubai, having previously been country head and representative for the Bank of Bermuda in Bahrain. Kelly, who is qualified as an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, has also worked as a manager in foreign exchange sales for the Middle East at American Express Bank and as manager of financial engineering at Arab Banking Corporation in Bahrain.
Background notes: Custom House Administration & Corporate Services Limited was established in Dublin in 1989 and is authorized by IFSRA (the Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority) under Section 10 of the Investment Intermediaries Act 1995 to provide administration services to collective investment schemes. Custom House currently administers circa USD 14 billion for some 187 funds for more than 75 investment management clients. Custom House is the only hedge fund administrator to be awarded a "Management Quality" rating from Moody's.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location