Cadogan Management opens London office, hires Wilmot-Smith
New York-based FoHF manager Cadogan Management LLC has opened an office in London, with James Wilmot-Smith joining as Managing Director.
Cadogan has USD 1.6 billion under management, predominately from institutional investors. The company has recently completed its 11th anniversary.
Stuart Leaf, Chief Executive of Cadogan, said: "Lawrence Becerra, who has represented us in Europe since 2001, will continue as Director of European operations. Lawrence and James have known each other for many years and will work closely to further develop our European marketing and client services. In addition, James will use his significant investment experience to help our research team find and evaluate European-based hedge fund managers."
Leaf added: "James has a diverse background that is highly relevant to our business. His early career was as an equity and money market trader in London and Toronto. He moved to Salomon Brothers in New York and on to London in 1980, where he managed the money market, interest rate swap and short-term proprietary trading teams until 1987."
"He then helped establish GNI Fund Management, setting up and managing one of the first incubator funds for hedge funds as well as co-managing the overall business."
"Prior to the sale of the Gerrard Group Plc, which included GNI Fund Management, to Old Mutual Plc in 2000, James left to set up a hedge fund consulting business. Since then, he has been involved in numerous projects for international banks, hedge funds, fund of funds and investors, all in the alternative investment field."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location