Fairfield Greenwich hires senior investment team member
Fairfield Greenwich Group (FGG) continues to expand with the appointment of David S Upson III as a senior member of the firm's investment team.
Upson will work on the selection, due diligence, and risk oversight of the hedge fund managers that FGG accepts onto its global platform. He will report to Harold Greisman, FGG Chief Investment Officer, and will work with other members of the FGG Investment team to source, investigate, and monitor FGG fund managers.
Upson, who has over 18 years' experience in investment management, was previously a principal of Denali Asset Management, where he was a vice-president for their global macro hedge fund from 2003 to the present. Between 2001 and 2003, he was the strategy head responsible for US long/short equity, global macro, and CTA investments for Alpha Investment Management. And prior to that, Upson served in hedge fund management and trading roles at Monteagle Capital Management, Commodities Corporation, Caxton Corporation, and Banque National de Paris.
"FGG continues to add staff and resources where we believe they will best serve our investors," said Harold Greisman, partner and chief investment officer of FGG. "We have great confidence that David Upson, with his long and very relevant experience in hedge fund management, will prove to be an invaluable asset to FGG's Investment team and to our firm in its operations around the globe."
Background notes: FGG, founded in 1983, today has over USD 9 billion and more than 70 employees. The firm offers a wide array of products, including internal and external single manager strategies, multi-strategy funds, fund-of-funds, real estate funds and structured products.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location