Altegris Investments hires Deputy General Counsel
Hedge funds law veteran David P. Mathews has joined Altegris Investments, Inc. as Deputy General Counsel.
Mathews brings over 15 years of legal, regulatory and business experience in the financial services industry to Altegris, including over 6 years of experience in legal and regulatory matters specifically relating to hedge funds and other alternative investment products.
Immediately prior to joining Altegris, Mathews served as general counsel for a California-based hedge fund-of-funds manager, and before that was affiliated with the New York law firm of Shearman & Sterling, in its Washington, DC office.
While at Shearman & Sterling his practice involved the representation of public and private investment funds, with an emphasis on counseling managers of hedge funds, venture capital funds and other alternative investment products.
From 1991 to 1998, Mathews was an attorney with the SEC in both the Division of Enforcement and Division of Investment Management. His experience at the SEC included working on the proposal, adoption and interpretation of regulations directly impacting hedge funds, commodity pools and other alternative investment products. Mathews' background also includes experience as an in-house attorney for the insurance affiliate of the Investment Company Institute, the trade association for the mutual fund industry, and experience in general corporate and securities law matters with private law firms in Dallas, TX immediately after his graduation from law school.
Altegris Investments specializes in finding alternative investments to help high net worth and institutional investors diversify their portfolios. The company's current clients have approximately USD 1.3 billion in trading levels committed to alternative investments.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location