Euronext adopts ICB and announces revised classification
Euronext has published details of the stocks listed on its markets which are to be reclassified under the newly adopted "Industry Classification Benchmark" (ICB). <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
This information appears in notice no. 2005-2976 and is available at www.euronext.com.
ICB was launched in January 2005 by FTSE Group and Dow Jones Indexes, and will be effective on 2 January 2006 on Euronext markets in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon and Paris.
This new sector classification, which will replace the FTSE Global Classification System currently used, covers 40,000 companies and 45,000 securities worldwide and enables investors to identify entities according to ICB's hierarchy of ten industries, 18 supersectors, 39 sectors and 104 subsectors. From now until 31 December 2005, stocks on Euronext will be listed under both systems to give users an opportunity to get used to the new change.
As a result of the changeover, Euronext sector indices will be revised and available in early December 2005. From that date, sector indices based on the to be replaced FTSE classification system will no longer be issued but will continue to be calculated until the last trading day of the year.
Daily values for the period from early December through 31 December 2005 will be displayed on the Euronext internet site commencing 2 January 2006.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location