Japonica expands Top Quartile Hurdle with global indices
Japonica Partners has expanded its Top Quartile IRR Hurdle Rates with a global stock index alternative -- the MSCI World index plus 500 basis points.
Japonica's patent-pending Top Quartile IRR Hurdle Rates demand performance superior to major asset class benchmarks. By design, they cultivate entrepreneurial ROIs.
"The global capital markets will benefit greatly by adopting our Top Quartile Hurdle Rates," commented Japonica Partners Founder & Managing Director Paul B Kazarian. "The structure better aligns co-investor interests."
Japonica's other patent-pending Top Quartile IRR Hurdle Rates are both relative and absolute return: 1,000 basis points above the 3-month US Treasury Bill; 500 basis points above the S&P 500 or S&P 400 indices; 500 basis points above the MSCI Europe index; and 15 per cent fixed.
Other innovative features of the patent-pending IP are: cash-based accounting; profit sharing only after 100 per cent return on investment and Top Quartile IRR Hurdle Rates; no annual management fee or advisory fees; and operating management foregoing industry standard incentive compensation.
Background notes: Japonica Partners is a global management and investment firm with an entrepreneurial co-investor business model. Japonica's core competencies are "DCC": Discovering Value Gaps, Changing cultures & operations, and Creating value through hands-on management.
Japonica Partners has overseen the creation of approximately USD 2.0 billion in shareholder wealth since its founding in 1987. A long-time industry innovator, Japonica has achieved triple-digit returns without relying on excessive financial leverage.
Japonica's four major situations include: the USD 630 million reorganization of 12 Allegheny International businesses; creating Sunbeam-Oster, a Fortune 356 global consumer products company; a USD 1.6 billion proactive white-knight tender offer for Chicago Northwestern; and a proactive USD 2.4 billion proposal to rejuvenate Borden, the beleaguered USD 7 billion conglomerate.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund