Jacob Schmidt sets up alternative investment strategy research firm
Hedge fund consultant Jacob H Schmidt has set up a new venture focusing on research into alternative investment strategies and risk management.
Schmidt Research Partners is a division of SFP-International Limited, a firm of financial consultants, where Schmidt, who is Adjunct Professor of Investments at the American Webster University, is in charge of research.
"The new firm Schmidt Research Partners will focus on research in alternative investment strategies and risk management where we have a lot of experience and excellent relationships," says Schmidt. "I am known for finding early talent and we will continue to specialise in that space."
As co-founder and former director of global hedge fund rating & research at Allenbridge Hedgeinfo, Schmidt continues to be associated with the firm.
"After having set up and developed Allenbridge Hedgeinfo's business model and rating methodology I am happy to see that Allenbridge Hedgeinfo has grown into an internationally respected hedge fund rating provider," he says. "This allows me now to pass on the baton to my colleagues while still being available to the business as a consultant."
And Schmidt has plans for the future of his new firm too. "We are planning to expand into seed/venture capital and fund management to complement our activities," he says of Schmidt Research Partners.
for fund manager interviews click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location