Transparent pricing for hedge fund-linked tradable options
HFR and Barclays Capital have joined forces to offer the first transparent pricing of hedge fund-linked tradable options.
Antti Suhonen, Head of Fund-Linked Derivatives Structuring at Barclays Capital, said: "The development of a transparent and standardised hedge fund-linked options market will empower a broader spectrum of investors to access the alternative investment universe. Barclays Capital is committed to improving market efficiency by increasing price transparency and selected the HFRX Index as the underlying index for these standardised options based on its liquidity and recognition as a benchmark index in hedge fund investing."
Based on the HFRX Global Hedge Fund Index, Barclays Capital will offer a two-way market in European call options to its institutional clients and counterparties. Indicative pricing of the options will be available during London market hours on both Bloomberg and Reuters.
With this innovative step, HFR and Barclays Capital have sought to add transparency and liquidity to the fund-linked derivatives market, to enable institutional investors, retail distributors, private banks and market counterparties to benefit from real-time pricing and standardised product terms.
The options will be available in Euros, US Dollars, Pounds Sterling, Yen and Swiss Francs with a minimum dealing threshold of 500 contracts or USD 500,000 and will initially have maturities from one to five years, with additional maturities and strike prices being added subject to market demand.
John Godden, Managing Director of HFR (see previous Hedgeweek Interview) , added: "The creation of the tradable Option Programme on the HFRX Index by Barclays Capital is another important milestone in the development of accessible, practical products that provide useable exposure to hedge fund returns at a time when Institutional investor interest and involvement is stronger than ever. Barclays Capital has underlined its position as one of the most forward-thinking players in the fund-structuring world."
for more information on structured products please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location