Charlemagne appoints new Senior Portfolio Manager for Asia
Emerging markets investment specialist Charlemagne Capital, has appointed KC Reddy as the firm's new Senior Portfolio Manager for Asia.
Reddy, who has more than 12 years' market experience and has previously worked in India, Hong Kong and the USA, will report to Stefan Böttcher, Director of Portfolio Management.
Before joining Charlemagne Capital, Reddy worked at Thames River Capital in London as part of the emerging markets fund management team with special emphasis on Korea, Taiwan and India and with a sector specialisation on technology. And prior to that he was with Quantum Capital in California.
Between 1996 and 2001, Reddy was Investment Manager at Credit Agricole Asset Management in Hong Kong, where he was responsible for investments in India and Asian technology, having first started his career at Peregrine Securities in Mumbai as Investment Analyst.
Reddy holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management (associated with the Sloan School of Management at MIT) and a degree in Engineering (Computer Sciences) at Osmania University in India.
"KC is an experienced manager with an excellent track record", says Stefan Böttcher. "His bottom-up investment style fits very well with Charlemagne Capital's approach and he will strengthen further our expertise in the Asian markets."
Background notes: Charlemagne Capital is an independent fund manager with around USD 3bn under management, solely in emerging markets. The company manages the Irish-domiciled Magna Umbrella Fund plc, with sub funds for Eastern Europe, Latin America, Russia, Turkey, Greater China and Global Emerging Markets. Magna Eastern European Fund, the oldest of the Magna range, is the best performing out of 88 funds in its category from the period from 1 January 2001 to 5 September 2005 according to Standard & Poors. Charlemagne Capital also manages the OCCO range of long short equity funds.
For fund manager interviews please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location