Man launches product linked to BlueCrest mutli-strategy portfolio
Man Investments has launched a capital guaranteed product offering exclusive access to a multi-strategy portfolio managed by BlueCrest Capital Management.
The investment product, Man BlueCrest Ltd, will target returns of up to 14 per cent over the medium term.
BlueCrest is an alternative asset management firm highly regarded for its innovative hedge fund strategies. It employs a specialist investment model founded on extensive infrastructure, quantitative analysis and academic
Christoph Moeller, Head of Global Sales for Man Investments, said: "This innovative product is a result of Man Investments' long-standing relationship with BlueCrest. Our collaboration allows us to offer an outstanding opportunity, designed to truly diversify the product offering for our clients while giving exclusive access to a diversified BlueCrest portfolio within a capital guaranteed structure. This is the first time a BlueCrest investment opportunity has been accessible on such a scale".
Man BlueCrest Ltd has secured a limited allocation to a diversified BlueCrest portfolio. It will allocate to seven different hedge fund strategies, some of which are available exclusively through a diversified BlueCrest portfolio.
Man BlueCrest Ltd is on offer until 5 December in both USD- and EUR-class bonds. The target return for the USD-class bonds is 11-14% per annum for volatility of 10-13% per annum over the medium term and 10-13% per annum for the EUR-class bonds for volatility of 10-13%1. Investors will also benefit from the security of capital guarantees from Barclays Bank PLC that ensure the return of 100% of their original investment at maturity.
BlueCrest offers a multi-strategy approach to investing in hedge funds. Man Group plc was an early stage investor in a BlueCrest managed fund and subsequently acquired a 25% stake in BlueCrest. The BlueCrest investment model employs market specialists who seek to exploit price anomalies both across asset classes and across markets.
By hiring top tier traders in the market and providing them with market leading technology, infrastructure and incentives, BlueCrest has created an environment similar to that found at an investment bank proprietary desk.
Man BlueCrest Ltd will allocate to a diversified BlueCrest portfolio which will include the following strategies:
• Equity relative value strategies which trade European markets on a long and short basis
• Systematic trend following trading managed futures across a wide range of markets
• Low beta systematic strategies that trade managed futures to complement systematic trend following strategies
• Emerging market macro focusing on equity, debt and foreign exchange in industrialising countries
• Mixed arbitrage centred on relative value trading of bonds, interest rates and foreign exchange
• Credit arbitrage with a focus on North American credit markets
• Equity event driven strategies principally focused on European arbitrage situations.
For fund manager interviews please click here
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location