Crosby appoints Berrill to develop asset management business in Europe
AIM-quoted merchant banking and asset management business Crosby Capital Partners has appointed Robin Berrill as a Managing Director based in London.
Berrill who was Global Head of the Institutional Division of Credit Lyonnais and has held management positions at Lazard Asset Management, Credit Suisse Asset Management and Henderson Administration, will be responsible for further developing the company's European asset management initiative.
"Following the successful launch in the first half of this year of our Wealth Management business we now have total assets under management of approaching USD 1 billion,' says Simon Fry, Crosby CEO. "We continue to be keen to develop this part of our business further, either through an acquisition if a suitable candidate can be found, or the development of a partnership arrangement or the establishment of a joint venture, and of course organically in the case of our existing Institutional and Asset Management businesses in Asia.
"Robin has a phenomenal track record of developing the asset management business for some of Europe's best-known fund management companies and we are excited at the opportunity to work together to take Crosby's Asset Management business to the next level. Robin's arrival will enable us to explore opportunities here in Europe and thus further compliment and diversify our Asian focus."
Commenting on his new role, Berrill says: "Crosby has demonstrated tremendous organic growth this year in its Asian-oriented asset management business. There are undoubtedly significant opportunities for further development here in Europe and I look forward to working with the senior management team to seek out opportunities to bring an asset management business to Crosby that adds real value for its shareholders."
For top industry jobs, please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location