AdvantHedge to market Synthesis offshore fund in Europe
AdvantHedge Capital Advisors has been appointed by Ranger Investment Management, LP to market its Synthesis Fund (Offshore) Ltd in Europe.
The US domestic version of the fund was launched in January 2005 and has returned approximately 17 per cent net of fees year to date through the end of the 3rd Quarter with a Sharpe Ratio of 3.4 and an annualised Standard Deviation of 6.2 per cent.
Synthesis invests long/short in US small and mid-cap equities and combines the long security selection expertise of Ranger's seasoned long-only investment team with the short selling skills of sub-adviser Rocker Management, LLC Ranger's portfolio managers, David Anthony and Conrad Doenges, have joint investment experience extending over 47 years and a variety of market cycles. Similarly, David Rocker and Marc Cohodes, the two key Rocker portfolio managers, have 55 years investment experience.
Synthesis presents several distinctive features likely to attract potential investor interest --
• The sub-advisor to the fund, Rocker Partners LP, is one of the most respected short -biased money managers in the US with an outstanding 20-year plus track record under varying market conditions, generating positive returns over the cycle despite being net short in a rising market.
• Ranger Investment's family of investment products are all invested in small and/or mid-cap US equities. Ranger has built an institutional-strength operational infrastructure and research capability allowing the investment team to focus on portfolio management decisions.
• Ranger was seeded and is controlled by the Wyly family, who were also seed investors in Maverick Capital, a long/short hedge fund investment adviser led by Lee Ainslie.
Background notes: AdvantHedge is a London based hedge fund advisory and marketing company for a small group of fund managers. Its partners have been working in the European hedge fund industry since its earliest days. AdvantHedge was formed by Philip Hands, a former founding partner of Park Place Capital, one of the earliest hedge fund management companies in Europe.
For more information on European Distribution for Hedge Funds, please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location