MSCI Barra models and analytics available via FactSet DIRECTIONS
MSCI Barra has signed an agreement with FactSet Research to distribute Barra models and analytics through the FactSet DIRECTIONS platform.
The Barra products will become available on FactSet DIRECTIONS in phases throughout 2006.
"Clients can access MSCI Barra's industry-leading risk models and analytics in a way that best fits their processes and systems," said Rabbe Ekholm, Managing Director at MSCI Barra, "Be it through our traditional best-of-breed software, integration with their internal systems, or a leading third-party platform such as FactSet."
Chris Ellis, Director of Portfolio Analytics at FactSet, added: "We are delighted to have signed this agreement with MSCI Barra to extend our outstanding relationship from MSCI indices to now also include Barra models and analytics. Barra's distinctive philosophy on predicted risk is a superb complement to FactSet's portfolio analysis capabilities."
Background notes: MSCI develops and maintains equity, fixed income, multi-asset class, REIT and hedge fund indices that serve as the benchmark for an estimated USD 3 trillion on a worldwide basis. In 2004 MSCI acquired Barra, Inc. Barra analytics help the world's largest investors analyse, measure and manage portfolio and firm-wide investment risk. MSCI Barra is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
FactSet Research Systems Inc is a leading provider of global financial and economic information, including fundamental data on tens of thousands of companies worldwide. Combining more than 200 databases into its own dedicated online service, the Company also provides the tools to download, combine and manipulate the data for investment analysis. The Company, headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut, was formed in 1978 and now conducts operations, along with its affiliates, from more than twenty-two locations worldwide, including Boston, New York, Chicago, San Mateo, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Sydney.
For more information on this, please click here
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location