SGAM switch within FVAM
The SGAM Global Volatility Fund has replaced the SGAM Volatility Arbitrage Fund within the Fimat Volatility Arbitrage Median (FVAM).
The Index Committee for the Fimat Volatility Arbitrage Median (FVAM) has decided that the SGAM Volatility Arbitrage Fund be removed from the median, and replaced with the SGAM Global Volatility Fund.
The SGAM Global Volatility Fund has the same strategy, portfolio manager, and allocation process as the SGAM Volatility Arbitrage Fund, but targets a higher return and a higher level of risk and volatility. Launched in May 2005, it is a better proxy to the style promoted by FVAM.
The change is effective from September 2005 onwards.
The October 2005 return for the Fimat Volatility Arbitrage Median (FVAM) is -1.16 per cent. This gives a year-to-date return for 2005 of +0.09 per cent.
The constituents of the FVAM are:
1) Estlander & Ronnlund Global Volatility;
2) Lynx Arbitrage Fund;
3) Quadix Volatility Fund;
4) SGAM Global Volatility Fund;
5) Shooter Multi Strategy Fund;
6) Titan Global Volatility Fund;
7) Turtle Fund.
FVAM is a performance measure for the Volatility Arbitrage hedge fund strategy and is an equally weighted portfolio of seven funds where performance is collected from the independent administrators in the funds' base currency and supplied as a percentage (net) return or as Net Asset Value per share.
For more information on volatility arbitrage, please click here
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location