Borsa Italia adopts new trading hours
Borsa Italia is to adopt new trading hours on 2 January designed to bring the company's markets in to line with European standards.
The main objectives of the changes include facilitating arbitrage trading of securities in the same sector but listed on different European markets. More specifically, for the Blue Chip and STAR segments of the MTA and MTAX markets, and for the SeDex Market, there will be an increase of five minutes in the continuous trading phase, beginning at 9.05 instead of 9.10.
As far as the closing phase is concerned, a reduction of five minutes in the closing auction has been decided, so the deadline for entering auction orders will now be 17.30 instead of 17.35. This will allow anticipation of the auction closing phase to 17.33, while the reference and official prices will be calculated and disseminated immediately after 17.35 (instead of 17.43 as today).
The hours of the IDEM derivatives market will remain unchanged with continuous trading from 9.00 to 17.40. The only change will consist of a reduction of five minutes in the trading phase on the maturity day for the nearest maturity of S&P/MIB index futures, S&P/MIB index mini-futures, and options on the S&P/MIB index and stock futures. This phase will be carried out between 9.00 and 9.05.
There will also be a reduction in the duration of the technical suspension in case of excessive price volatility on the MTA, MTAX and Expandi markets, from the current 25 minutes to 12 minutes. The interruption of continuous trading will have a total duration of 15 minutes (12 minutes pre-auction plus 3 minutes of validation) instead of the current 30 minutes (25 minutes of pre-auction and 5 of validation).
For more information on trading and execution, please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location