Jersey's Funds Business reaches another record high
The third quarter statistics for Jersey's Finance Industry show that funds business continues to reach new highs.
The banking sector has also grown and, to-date, does not appear to have been adversely affected by the introduction of the European Savings Tax Directive on 1st July 2005.
The key highlights from the findings for the period ended 30 September 2005 are:
• Bank deposits increased by GBP 6.6 billion (3.83 per cent) to GBP 179.6 billion during the 3rd quarter of 2005.
• The Net Asset Value of funds under administration in Jersey grew by GBP 9.3 billion (8.3 per cent) during the quarter to reach a record high of GBP 121.9 billion.
• The number of Expert Funds established in Jersey increased from 79 to 98.
• During the quarter, the total value of funds under investment management increased by 16.26 per cent to GBP 42.9 billion.
'These latest quarterly statistics provide further confirmation that Jersey's Finance Industry is undergoing a period of renewed confidence and growth," says Phil Austin, Chief Executive, Jersey Finance Limited. "It is particularly encouraging to note the continued growth in bank deposits, notwithstanding the introduction of the EU Savings Tax Directive on 1st July 2005. However it is clearly still early days as far as this Directive is concerned.
"Not only has the funds sector enjoyed another buoyant quarter, but year on year, the Net Asset Value of funds in Jersey has risen by almost 26 per cent to reach a new record high of GBP 121.9 billion. The more detailed analyses confirms that this growth is largely being driven by the alternative investment classes, including property, private equity and hedge funds, many of which have been established as Expert Funds.
"The growth in these specialist areas reflects the clear commitment of the Island's government and regulatory authorities to support the Industry's drive to establish Jersey as the European domicile of choice for alternative investment."
To access the hedgeweek special report on Jersey Hedge Fund Services, please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location