Jersey Finance Chief Executive to step down
Jersey Finance Chief Executive, Phil Austin is to leave the organisation in May to return to a senior role within the commercial sector.
Austin, who has been Chief Executive at Jersey Finance since its inception in 2001, is to become Managing Director of Equity Trust in the Channel Islands.
The Board of Jersey Finance has already begun the process that will lead to the appointment of Austin's successor but in the meantime he continues in his role as normal.
'Phil Austin was originally appointed at a time when there was no formal organisation in place in the Island to promote the Finance Industry and his first task, once appointed, was to lead the newly created body and make it an effective organisation that would represent the Finance Industry both at home and on the international stage,' says Pierre Horsfall, CBE, Chairman of Jersey Finance. 'He has made an enormous contribution to the success of the Finance Industry in those five years and we know that the structure and approach that Jersey Finance adopted with Phil Austin at the helm, has since been emulated by other competitor jurisdictions also.
'The Board is sad to see him go but understands that after five years he now wishes to take on a leading role once again in the commercial sector.'
Commenting on his decision to leave Jersey Finance, Austin says: 'I have accepted an invitation to go back into the Industry with Equity Trust, which is a leading independent trust and fiduciary business, at a significant time in their growth.
'I have enjoyed my five years at the helm of Jersey Finance immensely, particularly as I was involved from the outset and was able to help develop the concept and then lead the promotion of Jersey into the Industry's key global markets. However, I am now looking forward to a whole new set of challenges back in the Industry, though, naturally, I will remain a strong supporter of Jersey Finance.'
Click here for more information and related articles on Legal & Regulation
Click here for the Hedgeweek Special report on Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location