Guernsey funds under management reach GBP 100 billion
Funds under management and administration in Guernsey grew by GBP 8.3 billion (9.1%) over the quarter ended 31 December 2005 to reach a total of GBP 100 billion.
Over the year as a whole, values increased by GBP 26.4 billion, an increase of 35.9%.
Within these totals, Guernsey domiciled open-ended funds grew by GBP 3.9 billion (8.7%) over the quarter and by GBP 14.5 billion (43.1%) over the year as a whole to reach a new record total of GBP 48.2 billion. Closed-end funds also showed signs of resurgence, with increases of GBP 3.2 billion (11.6%) over the quarter and GBP 8.2 billion (36.0%) over the year as a whole, to reach GBP 31.1 billion, also a new record.
Non-Guernsey schemes, for which some aspect of management or administration is carried out in the Bailiwick, increased by GBP 1.3 billion (6.3%) over the quarter and by GBP 3.6 billion (21.5%) over the year to reach a new high of GBP 20.7 billion.
By the end of 2005, a total of 36 Qualifying Investor Funds had been approved since the launch of the scheme on 7 February.
'New fund approvals ran at record levels during 2005, assisted by positive market conditions,' says Peter Moffatt, Director of Investment Business at the Guernsey Financial Services Commission, 'Although hedge funds, private equity and property funds played a significant part in this growth, more traditional vehicles were also well represented. Through their scope and diversity, therefore, Guernsey's fund administrators and custodians were well placed to take advantage of Guernsey's positive reputation.'
For the HedgeWeek Special Report on Guernsey Hedge Fund Services, please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location