Component changes made to Dow Jones Global Exchange Index
Dow Jones has added six new components to the Dow Jones Global Exchange Index effective as of the opening of trading on Monday 20, 2006.
The addition of IntercontinentalExchange Inc (NYSE:ICE), International Securities Exchange Inc. (NYSE:ISE), New Zealand Exchange Ltd (jZNZX), NYSE Group Inc (NYSE:NYX), Osaka Securities Exchange Co, Ltd (jT8697) and SFE Corp Ltd (jXSFE) raises the number of components to 18 exchanges represented in the Dow Jones Global Exchange Index, and comes as part of a regular quarterly component review.
The current 12 components of the index are Australian Stock Exchange Ltd, CBOT Holdings Inc. Cl, Chicago Mercantile Exchange Holdings Inc Cl, Deutsche Boerse AG, Euronext NV, Hellenic Exchanges Holdings SA, Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd, London Stock Exchange PLC, Nasdaq Stock Market In., OMX AB, Singapore Exchange Ltd and TSX Group Inc.
As at 8 March, the Dow Jones Global Exchange Index is up 17.58% year-to-date and the free-float market capitalization for the index is USD 53.8 billion. The 2005 performance for the index was 54.94%.
The free-float market capitalization in USD for the six additions is: IntercontinentalExchange Inc (USD 947.2 million), International Securities Exchange Inc (USD 1.6 billion), New Zealand Exchange Ltd (USD 82.8 million), NYSE Group Inc (USD 2.4 billion), Osaka Securities Exchange Co, Ltd (USD 7,636) and SFE Corp Ltd (USD 1.3 billion).
Background notes: Created in February 2002, the Dow Jones Global Exchange Index measures the performance of the growing number of stock exchanges that are offering their shares to public investors. It is one of several specialty indexes developed by Dow Jones Indexes in response to noteworthy stock market developments. The index is reviewed on a quarterly basis and is calculated in both price and total return.
For further information and related articles on Structured Products, please click here
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location