Kingsway and Taitz launch Australian-based fund administrator
International financial services firm, the Kingsway Group, has teamed up with Brian Taitz to launch a new hedge fund administration business.
Based in Sydney, the new firm, known as Kingsway Taitz Fund Administration (KTFA, aims to become a leading provider of hedge fund administration services in Australia.
Chartered accountant Taitz believes his previous experience as the financial controller of a highly successful Sydney based hedge fund manager allows him to understand fund administration from the investment manager's perspective. He previously worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers in South Africa where he specialized in auditing and valuing equity derivatives and structured deals in the large investment banks. Taitz regards the knowledge gained in these prior roles as invaluable to the competitive advantage of KTFA. 'It is vital to understand the financial instruments you are valuing and reporting on, and not just press a button to produce a report,' he says.
According to Taitz, the team at KTFA regard themselves as an extension of the fund manager, and pride themselves on the provision of an efficient and client-focused service, an approach he believes will stand them in good stead against some of the larger administrators.
KTFA is hoping to further distinguish itself from other administrators through its technology platform, which is a globally renowned, purpose-designed, and fully integrated hedge fund administration system.
Kingsway Taitz Fund Administration's services include anti-money laundering compliance, corporate secretarial, fee calculations, financial statement preparation, net asset value/ unit price calculations, investor relations, accounting and record keeping, and treasury services. KTFA will cater for domestic and international hedge funds managed by Australian investment managers.
For further information and related articles on Prime Service for Hedge Funds, please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location