Theta Capital Management expands investment team
Theta Capital Management is expanding its investment team with the hiring of Marco Smelter and Thomas Heidstra as portfolio managers as from 1 July 2006.
Following the hire of Ruud Smets as portfolio/risk manager in 2005, the latest expansion brings the total number of investment professionals at the Amsterdam-based hedge fund boutique to six.
Smelter joins from pension fund Mn Services, where he was senior fund manager, responsible for managing a portfolio of EUR 7.5 billion in externally managed equity mandates. This portfolio included US large cap, small cap, emerging markets and Far East equity managers. At Mn services, Marco gained vast experience in the selection and monitoring of external asset management boutiques.
Heidstra joins from Rabo Securities in Amsterdam, where he was senior account manager for UK hedge funds and long-only institutional funds. He has more than five years experience as small & mid cap analyst for Benelux equities at Cazenove, one of the UK's leading investment banks in London. Before joining Cazenove, Heidstra was a telecoms analyst in the EMEA team at ABN AMRO in London.
'With the addition of Marco and Thomas to our investment team, we further strengthen our position as leading independent fund of hedge funds manager,' says Tjeerd de Vries, Director of Theta Capital Management. 'This move is in line with our philosophy that successfully managing portfolios of hedge funds requires an investment staff with diverse and complementary skill sets. It also reflects our ambition to cater both private and institutional clients with the best alternative investments services.'
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location