Geldard to launch new funds at MPC Investors
Miles Geldard is joining London-based MPC Investors to launch new Multi Asset and Convertible funds towards the end of the year.
Geldard joins from JP Morgan Asset Management, where he was Head of the Global Multi-Asset Group and Head of the Global Strategy Team. Previously, he was Head of Fixed Income, Currencies, Convertibles and Balanced in Asia, for Jardine Fleming Investment Management in Hong Kong, where he was also co-manager of the JF Asia Absolute Return Fund. According to MPC Investors, Geldard 'has built an outstanding and consistent performance track record over an investment career spanning more than 20 years'.
Geldard's appointment follows that of Peter Harrison, former Deutsche Asset Management Global Chief Investment Officer, in February of this year. Harrison joined as Chief Executive as MPC Investors continues to strengthen its management team to drive its business forward.
MPC Investors was founded in 2000 as an independent asset management business. Assets under management currently stand at USD 1.35bn. This largely comprises the MPC Pilgrim Fund, which was launched in October 2000 under the leadership of John Innes. This is an Anglo-European long/short equity fund, which has delivered a net return of over 96 per cent since inception and recently won the EuroHedge Award for 2005 in the category of UK Long/Short Equity.
In addition to this, MPC Investors manages two Asian long/short strategies as well as other long only mandates in UK equities including the Hiscox UK Opportunities Fund.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund