Hedge funds roll-up for Hedgestock 2006
Hedgestock 2006, the UK-based networking event for the hedge fund community, is set to be the largest event of its kind.
Hosted by Albourne Partners, and supported by ten leading investment banks, Hedgestock is being organised to take place within a 70,000+ sq ft tented village at Knebworth House, Hertfordshire on 7-8 June.
"Hedgestock is the first convention of its kind and we are very excited about the positive reaction we've had from the hedge fund community. In a way, hedge funds are a reaction to the financial establishment and many of its practitioners metaphorically packed their camper vans when they set off to set up their own firms," explains Simon Ruddick, Managing Director of Albourne Partners. "With over 100 exhibitors, over 100 speakers, over 10 concurrent business venues-within-the-venue and with over 3,000 pre-organized one-to-one meetings, all combined with an eclectic range of activities, we are looking forward to two full-on days of hard work and play."
Leading hedge fund managers will speak on topics ranging from alpha generators to alpha gatherers, activist hedge fund investing, and "Fund Managers are from Mars, Institutional Investors are from Venus", for example.
In addition to a rock concert, head-lined by Roger Daltrey, one of the original Woodstock acts, Hedgestock also has live performances from a whole series of bands from the hedge fund industry.
Radio Hedgestock, broadcasting to a five-mile radius for the two days, will provide updates from the Polo, the Cricket and the Poker Competitions, The Longest Drive and Nearest the Pin and even from the Laser Clay Pigeon Shooting. "When the most competitive folk on Earth get together, you need no bigger stake than bragging rights and we hope TCT will get to tap directly into all that fine-spirit....and wealth!," says Ruddick.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund