AIMA opens Hong Kong/China office, appoints new manager
The Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) has appointed of Alice Lee as Manager of its new Hong Kong/China office.
Lee, who has a Bachelors degree in Business Administrative Management and is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin, joins AIMA from the hedge fund industry where she was Assistant Manager with a leading hedge fund company.
'I'm really pleased to join AIMA at a time when the Asian hedge fund markets are expanding,' says Lee. 'There is an expectation that Asia will increasingly be a major player in the global hedge fund markets and AIMA has an important part to play in helping this development'.
Florence Lombard, Executive Director of AIMA, adds: 'Nearly 20% of AIMA's global membership is spread throughout Asia. We are pleased to be making this investment and commitment to the regional hedge fund centers as well as providing support to the local regulatory and fiscal authorities and institutional investors who seek more direct access to non-commercial information on the industry.'
The new Hong Kong office will cover Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, South Korea and other countries in that region where hedge funds are active. AIMA is the leading global hedge fund industry management association represented in 46 countries. Approximately 20% of its membership is in the Asia-Pacific region, where it has active Chapters in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund