Mercer acquires Pendia in Switzerland
Mercer Human Resource Consulting has acquired Pendia Associates, a Swiss-based organisation specialising in retirement and investment consulting and pensions administration services.
With the combined operations, Mercer will become one of the top consultancies of its type in Switzerland.
Pendia has 55 employees based in Zurich and Nyon. Founded in 1985 as a Swiss Life subsidiary, it became an independent partnership in early 2006 following a buyout.
Mercer has approximately 100 employees in Switzerland and offers retirement, investment and HR consulting and data services operating through its offices in Geneva and Zurich.
For Mercer, the expansion is part of a global growth strategy.
"With its large share of multinational companies and the size of its occupational pensions market, Switzerland is a key strategic market for us", says Simon O'Regan, Mercer's head of Europe. "Pendia is an excellent fit with our business. Its services complement our own and we can achieve the critical mass we are seeking. The added strength in pension outsourcing is a particular benefit in the context of the growing client demand for bundled services.
"Pendia has a strong reputation in the market and has many top-name multinational clients that can benefit from the greater resource and breadth of services in a global organisation like ours,' he adds. 'We are delighted to be joining forces."
Pendia's partner and managing director, Markus Meier, says: "Mercer has a formidable reputation globally. We're excited to be part of this leading organisation where the combination of Pendia's local strength and Mercer's extensive resources will give us a unique differentiator in the Swiss marketplace."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location