Nasdaq to create options market
The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc has announced plans to introduce an equity and index options market in the third quarter of 2007, pending approval from the SEC.
NASDAQ will develop the NASDAQ Options Market to leverage its core strengths of high performance technology and connectivity.
'The options market is on the verge of a transformative change, driven by the SEC's call for quotes in increments of pennies versus nickels,' says Chris Concannon, Executive Vice President of The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. 'The move to decimalization will shift the competitive landscape toward market platforms that are equipped to handle extremely high volume with an equally high level of efficiency. The NASDAQ Options Market will leverage NASDAQ's fast, fair and transparent equities trading system that it acquired through the INET acquisition.'
NASDAQ plans to operate a fully automated, price/time priority market with an opportunity for price improvement that provides a level playing field to all participants. The NASDAQ Options Market will be the first options trading platform to offer true price/time priority.
NASDAQ entered the options market in April 2006 with its announcement that it would provide connectivity and order routing to options exchanges. NASDAQ will continue to offer routing to competing exchanges through its options trading platform.
Background notes: NASDAQ is the largest US electronic stock market. With approximately 3,200 companies, it lists more companies and, on average, trades more shares per day than any other US market. It is home to companies that are leaders across all areas of business including technology, retail, communications, financial services, transportation, media and biotechnology. NASDAQ is the primary market for trading NASDAQ-listed stocks.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location